Savage’s Wood-Burning Pizzeria is a family owned and operated business in New Bern since October 2011. We are a high-volume restaurant that has earned an excellent reputation for providing New York style thin crust pizzas. We also offer sandwiches, pastas and a number of other items at a reasonable price. We are the only wood-burning pizzeria in New Bern. Our goal is to continue to be a well-respected member of the community
We are looking for an individual with high standards who is seeking a career in restaurant operations. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to manage day to day operations following a six-month training period. We offer a competitive salary based on prior experience with incremental increases based upon meeting pre-determined metrics.
- Age 20 or older
- Prior Restaurant Experience
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and other relevant programs
- Good Math and communication skills
- Customer oriented with excellent customer service skills
- Pass a criminal background check
- Have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Reliable transportation is a necessity
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekends
- Ability to manage wait and kitchen staff
- A commitment to excellence
- Become fully indoctrinated in the Savage’s style. Learn very aspect of food preparation and kitchen management to meet our standards.
- Monitor and maintain food and beverage inventories.
- Team Player – instill pride and accountability in staff members. Communicate effectively with members of team.
- Take charge of the kitchen in a high volume environment.
- Become a trusted partner - the right hand person who will advise and make recommendations to Owner on best practices.
- Run the show when the Owner is absent.
- Set goals to help bring Savage’s to the next sales level.
- Suggest and recommend improvements to the menu.
- Attend monthly Chamber of Commerce business meetings.
- Be aware of trends and competitive practices.
- Oversee the restaurant environment to meet safety and cleanliness standards.
- Recruit and train wait staff to meet operational needs.
- Train the next generation of kitchen help (succession planning).
- Market Savage’s to local businesses, corporate and Medical facilities.
- Grow the catering business.
- Review expenses with an eye to cutting costs.
- Fully utilize the POS system.
- Maintain and update the accounting system.
- Ensure we are compliant with State and local regulations.
IF INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED
<submit your resume to>
Savage’s Wood-Burning Pizzeria
303 Metcalf Street
New Bern, NC 28560
No phone calls, please. We will contact you.
Thank you for your Interest!